Saturday, September 24, 2016

How to Age Gracefully: Tip Nurture a Talent, Gift, or Hobby



How to age Gracefully Tip # 7

Nurture a Talent, Gift, or Hobby

By, Cassandra George Sturges
 
Sometimes in our lives, if feels like we are surviving and not thriving. In other words, it feels like our life is on automatic. You go to work to pay the bills. When you come home from work, you make dinner, help the children with their homework, wash dishes, do laundry, and go to bed—to start all over again.


One day the children (if you have any) will move away from home, the monotony of your job will numb your senses and you will wonder, “Is this really what life is all about?... bills and work?

 
This is a picture of Jungle Beauty Goddess Kalahari when she was a toddler. Before she took her vows she was a goddette, but after she took her vows she became a Goddess. She was so innocent and sweet, she had no idea what life had in store for her future.

I can truly say that the Jungle Beauty Goddesses saved my life. I started making dolls at the age of 45. I realized that the dolls that I was making had a story and I started writing fantasy fiction at 47-years-old. My children are in their mid-twenties, I have been on my job for 15 years, and the only people who need me to survive are the Jungle Beauty Goddesses. They are the reason that I rush home for work, get up early, stay up late. I fantasize about them when I am waiting in traffic.


I don’t care if anyone else love them—because I do and I am writing the story that I want to read. I have learned so much about sewing, making YouTube videos, and writing. I feel like I am 18-years-old because I am so very excited about the artistic world that I have created for myself. The Jungle Beauty Goddesses fill my life with magic and wonder.


Find something to do that brings you pleasures in a way that money, relationships with others, and social status could never satisfy. Find that project that needs you to breathe life into it. I guarantee you that the life you save will be your own. You will know when you find it because you are creating is built from joy and every ounce of your mind, body, and soul will be utterly engaged. And you will feel like a timeless being.

No comments:

Post a Comment