Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Wisdom Doll Update - I have been fighting with God



I made a Wisdom Doll, not on purpose of course. .. and I regret  it.

Ever since I made my Wisdom Doll, I have had to face some uncomfortable truths about myself. Life was so much more enjoyable, when I could blame God for my student loan debt. When I could find pleasure in making a new doll, silicone clay hot dog, or hot glue waterfall, and wonder why I my business wasn’t profiting. In a nutshell, I guess God asked me to what business are you referring to.


In this YouTube video, I am sharing some of the spiritual insights that poured from my higher self after making my Wisdom Gemstone Doll.

One of the biggest things that I learned is that in order for me to make a sustainable level of income from doll-making, I need to make one type of doll that I am able to duplicate easily in order to sell. Basically, the Goddess inside of me said;

 “Find a lane, get in it, and unapologetically own it. If you don’t learn how to create a product or service that you can repeat and duplicate you will have difficulty acquiring monetary wealth in your present lifetime. Artists and inventors who are original thinkers tend to acquire financial wealth after their death that benefits society and their descendants.

Original art tends to find its place in museums and in the collections of wealthy people as family heirlooms. If you want to acquire financial wealth and monetary freedom in this lifetime, learn how to make something repeatedly for mass production.”

I told God, that I get bored easily and I enjoy making new and different things.  God responded, “McDonald’s have the skill set to make hot dogs, tacos, and pizza but does it mean that they should make these food items? Humankind took a quantum leap in science, knowledge, music and the arts when they learned how to create a surplus of goods and services. You have successfully learned how to create a product—learning how to market, promote it, and make it systematically is the skill set that will take you to the next level—if you wish to learn it—you have free will. It is your choice.”


I am still not comfortable with this information. I feel like the friend who is with a man who constantly cheats and beats on her and she calls asking for advice as to whether or not she should leave him. To everyone else the right thing to do is super obvious.  The abused girl friend is probably blissfully overwhelmed with the make up love making, extravagant guilt gifts, and the sweet and tender lies that make her feel like the most beautiful woman in the world --this is the type of passion I feel when I play in hot glue, silicone clay, or make a new doll.

I am learning that creativity is a complex energy and this is why most artists do not acquire financial wealth. Making something new and exciting, is what inspires us to create art in the first place. Duplicating an original creation dulls the act of creating, and therefore it is no longer fun. However, if one wants to make a living from being an artist one must find a way to make peace with some level of duplication and replication like an artist singing in concert the hits that fans loved 30 years ago with enthusiasm and vigor. Fans don’t want to hear their new songs.

Cassandra George Sturges

No comments:

Post a Comment