Monday, April 11, 2016

Shonda Rhimes I love You Scandal is Soul Stirring


Ok let's be honest, it's after 2 AM and I need to go to bed and get ready to teach my 9 AM class. I have not done my taxes and today is April 12, 2016. I have 40 papers to grade and over 200 assignments to grade for my online classes. I must be insane to be writing you now.

Shonda Rhimes, I know you are not going to read this because I am not insulting gay people or protesting to save Jake's life or complaining about the plot line of Scandal.

I am assuming that you are human and between projects you surf the Internet like most  somewhat normal people.

I am hoping that one night when you can't sleep you Google yourself as far back as you can before sleep take over  and read this.

I just want you to know that this season of Scandal is Delicious beyond description. I have watched the episode where  Liv kills ex Vice President Andrew  maybe 10 times or more. 

(One of my favorite episodes was when Liv asked Cyrus, "Who are you, Cyrus?" and he chants back  "I am one of the most powerful men in the world!" This reminds of a Shakespeare play. I have seen this episode too many times to count. I found it deeply inspiring.)

Back to  last  Thursday, night April 7, 2016,  When Liv and Fitz hugged--even with the splattered blood on her face--- my heart melted.The chemistry between them is soul-stirring.

It has come to my attention that you see an ending for Scandal and I am much too busy to grieve the devastation of this news. My family has desperatedly  tried to keep this news from me because they knew I wouldn't take it well.

So, umh... I don't want you to write something that is un-enjoyable for you--- but I want you to know that I have never ever ever ever loved any show the way I love Scandal.

So maybe you could write a movie each year with updates on their lives-- like Sex in the City? I hope that Olivia marries Fitz?

Anyway, I just want you to know that I love you so much and that I am so happy that I continued to watch Scandal when Olivia was captured ( I hate that season- but now I understand why.)

I think you are a beautiful and amazing woman.  I thank God for your amazing gift and talent.
I really need to go to bed-- but I wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you for an amazing season of Scandal on behalf of all Scandal fans.
 
Love,

Cassandra George Sturges

No comments:

Post a Comment