Saturday, February 10, 2018

African American Rag Doll - Free Handmade Cloth Doll Pattern - Part 1



I am a doll maker and I love making doll patterns. I am sharing my free rag doll pattern “Maggy” with anyone who loves making handmade cloth dolls as much as I do. I am reserving all rights for this pattern however; you may sew this free doll pattern for personal use only. Maggy is an African American rag doll with braided cornrows.  This is part one of this Maggy free doll sewing  pattern.



 Cut out the Maggy rag doll pattern and trace it onto your fabric. Use pins to hold your pattern pieces in place. Make sure to cut out to legs and 2 arms.

To access a better picture of the pattern visit my website Authentik Beauty Magazine by clicking this link:Maggy Black Rag Doll Free Pattern

 After you have traced your rag doll pattern onto your fabric (it should look like the picture above.) sew around the lines making sure to leave an opening where the arms and legs will be attached.

 After you sew your cloth doll pattern, cut it out carefully, then turn your pattern inside out. Sew across the toes of each leg, before turning it inside out.

Stuff your cloth doll arms, legs, head and torso. Watch my Youtube video tutorial for more detailed, step by step cloth doll instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment