Thursday, July 7, 2016

Listen to your Heart, Trust your Gut, your instincts, and your Intuition



Listen to your Heart, Trust your Gut, your instincts, and your Intuition

By Cassandra George Sturges

I want to talk about why we don’t listen to our first impression and why our first impression is usually right.


When children are young and first, start to develop language they tell the truth. They say things like, “I don’t want to share, “It’s nasty, “I don’t like Grandma’s beard, I gotta poop… You get the picture. Children speak an unfiltered truth, until adults socialize them to lie or shall I say be more civilized.
 
Go to my YouTube Channel for tutorials on how to make these Knee High, Lace-up Gladiator Boots and sun glasses for your doll.

A kid whines, “Momma, I don’t like green beans.” And we say yes you do. Sissy loves green beans. You love green beans-green beans are good for you.”


As in all things in life, there is a delicate line between teaching our children how to be polite and disconnecting them from their gut feelings about what is right and wrong for them personally as individuals. Humans come to Earth with the natural ability to listen to their hearts. The older they get the sound of their dreams become faded or silent, by the opinions of others who think they know what is best for them.


Because most children naturally want to please their parents, they learn quickly to say and do the things that will make other people happy. Unfortunately, they lose their spiritual connection to what they believe to be true; the activities that bring them a sense of joy; their deepest desires, and who they are as an individual. As adults they are unaware of who they really are; what type of activities they enjoy; and/ or what characteristics they want in a life partner—when no one else is around to approve or disapprove of their choices.


The gut reaction we get that tells us to move forward or to back away from a situation is our connection to our higher self. Some people never lose this powerful connection. I think these are the Mark Zuckerberg, type kid geniuses who have a strong personal identity. They know who they are and why they have come to Earth. Some people are so connected to their instincts, gut feeling, and intuition that they easily and effortlessly repel people who do not see and treat them according to their highest vision of themselves.


I think that people like this are not very popular because they say how they feel. They are still very much in touch with their authentic feelings.  And, let’s be honest, being around a person who tells us the unfiltered truth can be unnerving. We hate them and we envy them simultaneously.
I have 3 doctorate degrees in people-pleasing. As the oldest of two brothers my, mother would always tell me that I had to set an example for my brothers. She would tell me to take the broken cookie, or the sausage burnt at the bottom, or let my brothers have their way selecting the television show that they wanted to watch because it was my duty as their big sister to show them how to be civil.


Of course, this learned behavior continued throughout my life on all of my jobs and relationships.   However, when I started meditating and going to counseling, I started to reconnect to my gut feelings and this caused a holy war in my life. You can imagine the surprise from people who were so used to me going long-- just to get along with everyone.


I have made some horrible decisions because of not listening to my gut feelings. A couple of years ago, I sent 3 of my Jungle Beauty Goddess Dolls to an exhibition in California—like an idiot.
Someone spilled candle wax on Jungle Beauty Goddess Sinai. My heart is aching as I write this. She has was created from an original pattern that I whimsically made. I had to fight in or order for the people to send her back home to me. 


What bothers me the most is that, something in my gut told me not to do it. My brother said that I was turning into a crazy lady with a house full dolls and that I should take some risks and be more adventuresome. I told my brother that I was not ready to start marketing the Jungle Beauty Goddesses yet because I was still writing their story.


On the day, that I went to the UPS station, to send my babies (Jungle Beauty Goddess life size fabric sculptures) to this exhibit, while I was standing in line, I called my contact person to tell her that I was in the process of sending three of The Jungle Beauty Goddesses to the exhibit, per our agreement. I called several times and she did not answer the phone while I was waiting in line.


My gut said do not send the Jungle Beauty Goddesses this is a sign. I broke out in a sweat that I blamed on menopause, my legs started quivering, and I was queasy. But, I told myself that my brother was probably right, I am afraid of putting myself out there and getting outside of my comfort zone.


Lord Have Mercy Jesus! I wish I had listened to myself. I plan to remake Jungle Beauty Goddess Sinai in the next few weeks. See the picture below of what those #$%@& did to my baby. No, what I did to my baby by not listening to my gut feelings.


My first impression of a person has yet to be wrong, even though I hardly ever listened and heeded its warnings.


The one lesson that life has taught me recently is that it is impossible to trust other people when your haven’t learned how to first and foremost trust yourself. You don’t need to trust other people when you trust your intuition. Your intuition always have your best interest at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment