Thursday, December 21, 2017

How to Make Earrings - Hot Glue Liquid Earring DIY




Have you ever had an idea that you thought would take 2 hours maximum to complete, but it ended up taking 2 days? I woke up with the idea to create a  pair of hot glue liquid glitter earrings DIY. I had everything I needed but a flat iron.

I begged my daughter to let me use her flat iron, but she refused—stating that she didn’t feel that it would be safe for her to use on her hair after I finished using it for crafts. I started to borrow her flat iron – without her permission--while she was asleep, but decided against it.


Time is ticking away to complete my liquid earrings tutorial that the world is waiting for. Right? I go to several stores looking for a thin flat iron. I couldn’t believe the prices. I refused to pay more than ten bucks for something to play in clear glue and vinyl.  The day is almost over; I find one for 8 bucks. Life is good.

I decided to try out my idea on how to make hot glue liquid earrings... she was a beauty-- a hot pink triangle filled with glitter. I was so excited. What more could the little girl inside of me want? I put it in my coat pocket to take to my friend’s house to show off my hot glue liquid earring. However, when I got there all of the glue had leaked into my coat pocket. No, Noooooo, I screamed, “my masterpiece!!!!” 




Back to the drawing board… I made several more before learning the secret to creating a successful hot glue liquid earring… don’t put too much  clear glue or glitter in the vinyl earring case. Less is more. If you use a flat iron put it on a low setting.

This is an addictive hot glue gun craft. I don’t know if I will wear the earrings personally, but my dolls are fighting over them.

Click on the link below to access this DIY.


No comments:

Post a Comment